John J. Ryan, Ph.D.
Assoc. V.P. for Research Development
Trani Life Sciences Building, 1000 W Cary St., room 318
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1992
Ryan's research focuses on inflammation associated with allergic disease.
- American Association of Immunologists
- National Postdoc Association
- Immunology (BIOL455)
- Cancer Biology (BIOL450)
- 2019: VCU University Distinguished Scholarship Award
- 2015 Faculty of the Year, Department of Biology (based on graduate student voting)
- 2015 Distinguished Scholar Award, VCU College of Humanities and Sciences
- 1999, 2001, 2003-2006: Outstanding Teacher Award, Immunology Course, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- 1996 Miriam and Benedict Wolf Fellowship, Cancer Research Institute