Rima B. Franklin, Ph.D.
Interim Vice Provost for Life Sciences Department Chair
Trani Life Sciences Building, 1000 W. Cary St., room 126
- Ph.D. Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia
- B.A. Biology, Bard College
- Microbial ecology
- Wetland and soil biogeochemistry
- Nitrogen cycling
- Environmental and public health microbiology
- Battistelli JM and RB Franklin. 2022. Online strategies to improve quantitative skills in microbiology laboratory courses. Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education.
- Berrier, DJ, SC Neubauer, and RB Franklin. 2022. Cooperative microbial interactions mediate community biogeochemical responses to saltwater intrusion in wetland soils. FEMS Microbiology Ecology.
- Mahaney, AP and RB Franklin. 2022. Persistence of wastewater-associated antibiotic resistant bacteria in river microcosms. Science of the Total Environment.
- Giannopoulos G, KR Hartop, BL Brown, B Song, L Elsgaard, RB Franklin. 2020. Trace metal availability affects greenhouse gas emissions and microbial functional group abundance in freshwater wetland sediments. Frontiers in Microbiology.
- Dang C, EM Morrissey, SC Neubauer, and RB Franklin. 2019. Novel microbial community composition and carbon biogeochemistry emerge over time following saltwater intrusion in wetlands. Global Change Biology.
- Affiliate Faculty, VCU Rice Rivers Center
- BIOL 401: Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- BIOL 475: Capstone Seminar - Bacteria: Allies & Enemies
- BIOL 509: Microbial Ecology
- BIOL 607: Science Communication Fundamentals