COVID-19 Information & Resources
VCU Biology is committed to the health and safety of its students, employees and guests during the pandemic caused by COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). Please consult the information and resources below for decisions and guidance provided regarding this ongoing public health concern.
Please be aware that decision-making during this evolving situation is extremely rapid and is coming from many different authorities within the university and the commonwealth. As a result, any of the information provided below may change at any time and without warning.
Faculty and Staff
A Google Document is being maintained by the department with all of the information currently available to Biology faculty and staff. The link to the document was emailed to all Biology employees and is available on the Faculty/Staff Resources page.
Biology Department Contacts and Information
- Non-degree-seeking students and students with general advising questions can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biology majors, minors, and students considering the Biology major/minor should email their assigned adviser per the BioAdvising caseload assignments
- All scheduled advising appointments are to be held remotely until further notice
- Walk-in advising is cancelled until further notice
Students Currently in Biology Courses
- Check your course's Blackboard page and your VCU email for announcements and changes
- Unless specifically told otherwise by your instructor, no classes are meeting person until further notice. This includes labs, independent studies, directed studies, and preceptorships.
- Students should direct all questions about course changes and expectations to their instructor via email.
- Be in constant contact with your faculty adviser and with the PI of any labs you may be working in
- TAs should also be in contact with their lab/course instructors for directions on how to continue responsibilities as necessary
- Questions regarding thesis defenses, defense committees, graduation requirements, or changes to Graduate School policy with respect to COVID-19 should be directed to Director of Graduate Studies Clint Turbeville at email@example.com
Biology Main Office - All Other Inquiries
- (804)828-1562, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday